Yesterday I went to church with the Christian Union at SLC. We loaded a van of about 15 people and drove in to New York City, we went to a church called Trinity Grace. The church was held in the auditorium of a school in uptown Manhattan. The service was decent, but it is hard not to compare it to Journey. We sang one song I actually knew and the pastor had an Australian accent which were both a plus. After the service they invited all the college students returning for the fall to a luncheon. We walked a few blocks along with like 30 other kids to this NYC apartment. Evidently they were only expecting 15 students but the Lord multiplied and sent tons. We were all crammed in the small NY apartment awkwardly meeting everyone. I met some really cool people from Columbia and NYU as well as getting to know people in my own SLC group. After all the yummy food they bought us cupcakes! They were so yummy!

Also a highlight of my trip along with making some new good friends, I met a girl who lived in Mozambique for 8 years and she knew everything about Iris Ministries and the Zimpeto center. She said her church did things with Iris! I was so excited and amazed at how God brings his people together at the oddest times and places.

It was so nice to be in someone's home with a bunch of loving great people. I thank God for the potential community that is going to be here at SLC.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.