This weekend was the BEST!


After my Thursday french conference Alex Harshaw came to pick me up from SLC and drove me to her house in Jersey! I was welcomed by her big amazing family! All Thursday and Friday were lazy days that consisted of playing Mario Kart with Joshua, Aaron and Sean (her amazing little brothers), watching movies and going to some fun places around her town in Jersey!


100_0984


100_0985This is a famous ice cream place in Jersey we went to that is supposedly the Jonas Brothers favorite (so Alex tells me..).


100_0986We went to a fun amish market with lots of candy and furniture!


It was so much fun to get to spend time with an amazing family of God and to finally get some peace and quiet and time with people I know well. It was so fun to hang out with the family and to be taken care of.


Saturday morning we packed up and drove ourselves to DC to visit Michelle Millben!


100_0988This is us getting ready to leave Jersey for Alex's first road trip without the rents!


100_0991It was a great day in Jersey.. Little did we know that is was raining in DC.


100_0995The first time in a month I had driven.. And still it was safer than Alex driving.. hahaha.


100_1017


100_0992


100_0996We only managed to get signs of three places but we drove through four states in 2 and a half hours!


When we got there we met up with Michelle and her wonderful boyfriend who gave us our own personal tour of DC in his car.. because it was raining.. Complete with trivia questions and random facts.


100_1000


100_1005


100_1006


100_1008


100_1011


100_1014This picture is kind of dark because we had to use the stinkin' flash. There will be more pictures of us and Michelle to come, she just has to upload them on Facebook first.


That night we tried to hit up Obama's favorite burger joint but it was way too packed so we went to this great Italian restaurant instead which was amazing. After that we went to this AMAZING ice cream shop in Georgetown that had like 100 flavors of ice cream and they were all amazing. It is called Thomas Sweet.. SO GREAT!


100_1015(Obama's favorite burger joint)


We had a great sleep over at Michelle's that night and caught up on life. I love Michelle and Alex so much. They are so encouraging and amazing women.


The next morning we went to Michelle's church in Alexandria. It was a straight up "Black Church" and I loved every two hours and fifteen minutes of it!


100_1016AMAZING HOUSES IN ALEXANDRIA!


The next morning we headed back to Jersey after church and an amazing time in DC!


100_1018


100_1019I missed you Starbucks. I am so overjoyed the pumpkin spice latte is here!! REAL FALL!


100_1021


100_1023


100_1025A nice driving picture I was unaware of being taken.


100_1029


It was such a lovely weekend with amazing people. Thank you to Michelle, Earnest and the Harshaws for an AMAZING weekend. I love you guys.


2 Comments

  1. Deary,
    Did you get a chance to see the Library of Congress? I can't beleave you are doing some of the things that I have done during my stay in the east. Like go to an all "Black" Church I found them to be very friendly. I hope you get the chance to go to Philly. I think you would like the underground mall that is in centeral City. Stay safe. and Love you much
    Your big sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby! I never knew you had this blog until today. What sweet comments! I cannot wait until out next adventure. I think I may try to come up there in Feb. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.