This weekend was the HMS retreat. We started it off with some team building activities and going out for Thai food. The official list of places I am going are: Philippines, Thailand, and China. The Thai that we ate last night might have been the spiciest thing I have ever had, but it was still so good and a challenge to finish it all. We finished the night off by watching a documentary about Jim Elliott and his legacy in Ecuador.

Today we went out to lunch for Hong Kong style Dim Sum. Let me tell you it was an adventure. We had to eat duck and chicken feet, cow stomach (tripe, pictured above), and an entire fish... bones and all. The fish was the hardest for me but I plowed through. My team did so well at smiling as they ate the grossest stuff... They said it was the first year with no tears.

This afternoon we went on a giant scavenger hunt in an Asian grocery store with our teams
which ended by eating duck egg soup.

This retreat was such a wonderful bonding experience. The guest speaker taught us a lot about
character and brought us all together.

Tonight we watched the Packers game and now we are making cookies.


One Comment

Powered by Blogger.