Tonight I shuttled myself to the Marriott hotel that they booked me in for free.

Along the way I made a few friends.
I realized that I am way better making friends with old people than with young people.

When we were all discussing how our plans for the evening had been ruined an old lady said to me:
"I am just trying to remember that when I was 25 I would have called this an adventure."

So as I checked into a hotel. Alone. The first time I have ever been alone doing these things... I love it.
My first official act was to notice the two giant fluffy queen beds that now, both, belonged to me.
What could I do with two queen beds? Obviously the only thing to do.
Jump from one to the other until I pass out or get a noise complaint.
Maybe I could also sleep 2 hours in each tonight? (I am only getting to sleep four hours.)

Currently, I am watching a giant TV after taking a nice bath.

Cheers to adventure. And I am not even close to being 25!


3 Comments

  1. I love this story very much. I can't wait to have an adventure with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should live in Edmonton for another 3 years after this one so that I can have an adventure with you too... We will obviously drag LeeAnna along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good attitude to temporary misfortune!--Dad

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.