Today on the way to Charleston, SC, we stopped in my mom's hometown-- Jackson, MS. We visited family and had a nice southern meal with them. As we drove around Jackson we visited the old house my Grammie lived in and drove past some things my mom remembered from growing up there.


Even I remembered some things from my summers there as a petite before my Grandfather passed and my Grammie moved to Norman.

Brent's drug store where I drank many a root beer float at the counter... the store was recently mentioned in the book "The Help." We drove around the Fondren area of Jackson which had been remodeled to look like the 50's for the filming of the movie coming out in August!

We visited my grandparents' graves and put flowers on the place where they rest.

The thing I love most about this area are all the big trees. We don't have trees like that out in south central. They are all so old and so tall. They tower over the roads and make nice shade in the neighborhoods.

Maybe I will live somewhere with trees like these someday.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.