I met Wut doing a VBS day camp in Chonburi, Thailand. 
You can see by the picture that all the kids got to color their own shirt. 
You can also see by the picture that Wut colored his lion completely black. 
I adore him.

I told Wut that we have an expression in North America that we say when
we are happy or excited. "Woot woot!" He though he was famous.
It was so cute.

The first time we met I was sitting on a bench and he began giving me seeds. 
A guy from the church who spoke English told me that they were Thai popping seeds
 and when you put them in the water they popped! 
Of course, this provided Wut and I with hours of entertainment. 

From that moment on Wut and I spent every day together-- 
eating ice cream in the court yard, singing worship songs, and playing tag... 

Wut was a real friend to me. Reminding me over and over again that children are
often underestimated, especially by me. 

My last day in Chonburi Wut gave me a single popping seed. 
Reminding me of how our friendship had begun. 


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.