I learned so much this week about community gardens. 
How the earth can bring people together to eat real foods and
have real times of community preparing meals together. 

I have always wanted a garden.
I have given up on this dream because I have accepted the fact that I
have to sacrifice some things to live over seas. 
To live differently. 

This week spurred in my heart to have a shared garden 
in my ministry with the women I will be ministering to
and living along side. 

There is just something about reaping from the earth
and eating how we were made to eat. 
And eating in community. 
We were all created to be in community. 

These days we have lost the art of gathering in houses.
We have lost the art of preparing meals together. 

We must send the message that all things can be renewed and remade,
including the earth. 
Let there be a touch of green beside every abandoned building. 


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.