It was this group of beautiful people who taught me how to truly love. 
Of course, I have known love my entire life. I was born into an amazing
family with parents who showered me with love. 
But to love truly is a selfless act, seeking nothing for yourself...
only to serve the other and see them as Christ sees them. 

The mommies at the Hope House in Haiti will probably never know
what they taught me, how they changed my life, how they 
opened my eyes to the details of my calling. 

These women taught me to appreciate the overlooked. 
While others are attracted to kids in ministry I am drawn to women.
I long to spend time in their presence, to learn from their 
life experiences. 

I know now that I am called to go above and beyond to 
serve hurting women all over this world. 
Everywhere I go I see these ladies. 
I still dream of their shy smiles. 
I long for their kind touch. 
I would give so much to just sit with them again.

When I was in Haiti I never dreamed I would someday 
be planting a church in Canada. 
At the kick off carnival for our westwood church plant 
I met two African ladies. I was, of course, immediately 
drawn to them. We talked for a long time and I found
out they were interested in attending the church. 

Every time after that, when I passed them at the carnival, 
they would call me by name, smiling. 
These women brought me back. 
I see my mommies in them. I want so badly 
to be a part of their lives. 

Pray for Shirley and Merial. 

Pray for broken women all over this world to truly know 
their value in Christ. 


One Comment

  1. Ahhh I love you and your heart. And I miss our days with the mommies.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.