Splashing our feet in the Mississippi. 
Such water flows through my veins and
twists through my roots.

Old Man River. 

 Here, it seems we only have 
lakes and rivers that are this color... I have been spoiled 
by Canadian blue-ness and clarity. 

The sound of the river boat, then a giant wave splashing 
upon the dock. We ran. Laughing. Sopping wet. 

Southern summers are a delicate thing that few get to 
experience. A delicate thing that you spend your whole 
life trying to re-create. I am sure of it. 

I am thankful for the roads I have walked down each summer
...and those I will walk down in my mind, forever. 


2 Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9WayN7R-s

    I've sung the chorus most times I've been out kayaking or canoeing;
    Thanks for finally introducing to me to him :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.