I am about to leave to begin my internship! 
Internship is sort of a right of passage at Vanguard College (as well as a requirement) and I am so happy to have chosen such a great organization to go with-- The Denver Rescue Mission! I will be interning as a case worker for the Family and Senior Housing Initiative. It is an intimidating job title, but I know that God is going to teach me so much and grow my heart for His people! 

I chose DRM because I wanted to be challenged in a way that I had never been before. I have been on many short-term mission trips, throughout my years, to places overseas mostly. I decided it was time (and more out of my comfort zone) to work with people in my own community--people who society have falsely deemed "the least of these".

I believe in God's restorative justice and His ability to turn lives around and change them for the better. I am so excited to see Him at work throughout my time at the DRM! 

Things you can pray for: 
for me to have a willing heart,
 for me to grow and gain more initiative, 
that I would follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit, 
for life changing relationships to be built, 
for DRM to have a hand in breaking the cycle of poverty,
and most of all--for Christ to be glorified above all else and for people to come to know Him. 

Thank you for partnering with me on this journey! 


One Comment

Powered by Blogger.