When I came to Denver, before I had moved in and met my fellow interns, I was scared. Scared that I would not be able to find people to explore this state with me... I was even scared I would have to just sit in my room every evening after work by myself and do nothing... I was so wrong. 

There are so many amazing interns here that I have become friends with over the past week. Interns that build each other up, have fun with together, challenge each other, and love each other... interns that love to explore as much as I do! SO, this weekend we took advantage of our little break from social working and went downtown! 

The Denver downtown area is amazing. There are live performers everywhere and even pianos just sitting on the sidewalk asking to be played or painted. There is shopping, festivals, and live music galore. I just love the flair of this place and the creativity that is being embraced. 
^^Denver Rescue Mission's downtown campus (temp shelter and feeding line) 
AKA DRML (Denver Rescue Mission Lawrence Street)^^
^^My cute little roomie--I am so thankful for her!^^
^^homeless people just making art on the street--beautiful^^
^^this quirky character sketching on this random plastic tent set up for people to sketch on..?^^
^^a random sample of things you might see downtown...a rejected gallon of milk...ndb^^


2 Comments

  1. Yeah, team. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. Also New York!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.