The other day a woman came to pick up her check. This is the first person that I have followed all the way from the pre screen to the actual rent check. She came in and I had her fill out certain forms etc. Then at the end of our meeting I asked if I could pray with her. She said yes. I prayed for God to keep her and for her family to experience joy that they have never known. Oh God, to keep them safe and near to Your heart. Amen. I looked up to see her face covered in tears. She wept. I put my hand on her shoulder. We sat there, together.

The next day my supervisor, Ashley, told me that the woman had called looking for her. Kelly told her how special I was and that I had the best heart she had seen in a while.

God knew I needed a moment like that. I have been discouraged lately with the desk-joby-ness of my position. Now, I feel encouraged.

You hold my being. You wrap yourself around every detail of my life. You place everything into motion. And all I have to do is stand in the palm of your hand. 


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.