A woman applied for our program a while ago. She was a very frail old woman down on her luck, living in a homeless shelter. She was kind and gentle and I felt myself lowering my voice and adding sweetness to it as to not offend. I have had practice speaking slowly to those who know little English, I spoke with such a demeanor here. She had a history with drugs, she told me. 

As our session closed she asked me what a mentor was and who they would be. I told her it was a group of 2-6 people who were just going to meet with her and help with her needs as she transitioned back into society… I told her that most of all they were going to love on her. As she walked away she spoke softly to me and said “that is just what I need…” Lord, keep her. Show her Your mercy and your love for her. 


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.