Made it to Haiti safely after a couple of excited events including being wrong about the time my plane departed and getting there ten minutes before boarding time. I got to Haiti last night and was welcomed by a group of friendly fellow interns, we are already becoming close friends. We went to a two hour youth worship service where I witnessed what it really means to be on your face, literally, for the Lord.

Ashley Carter and I are roommates and we will be getting another roomie tonight. Today we did so much work with medical supplies. We organized stuff for hours from all the donations mission of hope has recieved. It was SO hot and gross.

For lunch all the interns went on a tap tap (a haitian truck like a taxi that you pay to ride in the back of) and went to Gwo Poppa Poul (Big Daddy's Chicken). It has been so fun so far, it is definitly a different experience than being on a team... So much more fun (if that is possible).

Ashley, Brianna, and I just showered in the rain... Because it was better water pressure than in our shower... Which is literally a TRICKLE of water. LITERALLY.

I am so enjoying what God is already doing in Haiti and I can't believe I get to be with all these amazing people in this place for TWO MONTHS! Praise the Lord for all He has blessed me with.

(Sorry for any typos, I have to be fast with this).

Continue to pray for this BEAUTIFUL country.


One Comment

  1. Sounds so great! I can't wait to be there with you! love you :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.