The time I am having here is beyond words. I visited two orphanages the other day and was blessed to play with tons of children. I am learning some creole and I am trying to set up lessons with someone for about an hour a day so the interns can become better at speaking.

The intern group is so great. We have all become such good friends and I have only been here for four days.. Now that is hard to believe! It feels like forever since I got here. I have been in the ocean twice already.. One on a beach day that some staff and interns went on and once at someone's house who works around MOH... At this house it was SO much fun. We all took a dip after the sweatest day of my life. Then we showered in a make shift shower in the back yard... AKA the jungle! It was SO much fun. I am loving the time I am spending with the staff and interns.

MOH is so amazing. They absolutely have a dream for this nation. They have fed more meals since the earthquake than any other organizations including red cross. They have so much faith that this nation can change. They have created an organization called Haiti One that feeds many of the Haitian schools around the country and plans to feed them all someday soon. By Septemeber they will be feeding 50,000 people a day. This place is so driven and they were the first to respond with with meals and medical care because they are already established in Haiti. If you want to donate to help Haiti, donate here. They have by far surpassed all the other aide organizations.

Although news coverage has mostly ceased in Haiti there are still bad things taking place here. The streets are filled with rubble and there are still dead bodies underneath the rock. There is still so much more to be done.

I had the best day today at a beautiful beach in Haiti. Although there is sarrow there is so much beauty. I love the life that fills all of these people. I thank the Lord for this place and opportunity.

Again sorry for any typos.


One Comment

  1. GLad you got there okay and things are going well. What an awesome opportunity! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.