I have taken on the project of teaching English to the kids who live in the orphanage at MOH aka the Hope House. It is so rewarding to spend so much time with them and I love it when I walk into the yard and all of the kids yell my name and run up to me. It is so challanging to teach them and make them behave, I have a new found respect for teachers (even more than I already had, which was always quite a lot). I am teaching English and Art mostly. We do crafts and draw pictures while learning English words and with the older kids we are reading Chronicles of Narnia. I mostly read but sometimes they work of the courage to read to the class.

I love teaching the kids but the thing I love most is teaching the Mommies. The Mommies are ladies who live in the orphanage with the kids. There are about six kids to a mommy and it is trying to be like a home setting. They are so eager to learn and shy to speak. We have class during the day while the kids are in school. It is so much fun building relationships with them. I cannot wait to hear all their stories and become close with them.

I am having so much fun spending majority of my time planning lessons and teaching but I also get to hang out with the kids and tomorrow I am going to go on an outreach with the temporary teams.

We showered in the rain again the other day. SO fun. We also enjoy sitting on our roof over looking the mountains drinking fruit champagne and talking. I love all the interns here so much and I will be sad to leave them. I am making so many new friends here and I know someday I will come back here, I would love to work here full time someday.

Student Journey team comes a week from today-- I am so excited.

Things are going so well here and God is working in big ways. This week is surgrey week so a lot of doctors are here and they are constantly in the O.R. There is never a dull moment around here though.


3 Comments

  1. Sounds like you are really making a difference in their lives. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, I'm praying for you, and I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby! I just read all your posts and I'm even more excited to be there next week! Can't wait to see you and I loved reading about all the incredible ways the Lord is already using you! I know your smile is touching so many!! I love you! See you Wednesday!! - Katie Little

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.