After eating our fill of Pad Thai and painting our faces we got there just in time to see the opening act. Wayne Coyne traveled across the audience in a plastic bubble, among other things. It was a night of dressing up and dancing. The auditorium was filled with the smell of weed and since it was full of drunk hippies it gave us an excuse to dance like we wanted to, free of judgement. Naturally we waved our hands in the air and moved our bodies in time with the psychedelic music.

At the exact moment that the year changed from 2010 to 2011 I was running. Running, not thinking of how far this interesting, wonderful, and messy year has brought me, but running. We were running back stage to be the first to play in a pile of what must have been a thousands of giant balloons that were making their way to the crowd. As I ran and the seconds counted down until the ever-famous "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I saw people kissing their significant others... or random people for that matter. I remember making it back stage and being engulfed in a sea or color.

Last night was probably the best New Years I have experienced in my whole life
thanks to the Flaming Lips and great friends.

These are the days of our youth, the days I am certain will someday cause nostalgia.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.