When one strives to observe the beauty in every moment it 
seems easily noticed. Things you might have taken for
granted during any other day suddenly come to life. 

The earth has music for those who listen.
// William Shakespeare 

Five beautiful things from today:

1. We made our way from Germany to France to discover new things
and visit a historical site of a man my Papa is writing a book about. 
We drove along the Rhine river. 
Rivers often strike my fancy due to their majestic beauty. 
It seemed to me as if the water was glass, 
floating its way to where it will surely join
to be a larger part of a body. Playing its part. 
Carrying things atop the smooth surface to their destinations 
 and occasionally succumbing to waves and creases as it wanders.

2. The smells of nature today were extraordinary. 
Freshly cut grass... I am a child again and it is summer.
The type of summer that only comes in the South-- 
the sweltering heat that engulfs July and all of August.
I dance in the sprinkler, only a swim
suit adorning my childlike figure. 
Yellow with small flowers.
I am washing my grandfather's 
car with my big brother. Spraying the hose 
every which way while sporting goggles... 
still, any excuse to wear goggles. 

And the smell of roses congratulating me 
as I bike to the top of the hill after much struggle.

3. Taking the alternative route back to Germany after 
wandering in France. Green hills everywhere with little
towns nestled in their nooks and crannies. As if the hill
held the small houses in its arms and could come alive at 
any moment.

4. Riding bikes with my Papa around our small German 
town. Finding small paths thick with foliage. The trees
in a canopy over our heads with little blooms flowing in the
air that resemble the fairies of my childhood. 
Oh, how my days were spent with them. 
Building houses out of sticks, leaves, and moss
from the creeks, talking to 
them, and laying in the grass waiting for them to appear. 
Perhaps part of me still waits 
...will always wait. 

5. Picnicking at the end of the day with my Papa on 
a park bench in the sun after a bike ride. 
Baguettes, cheese, and my Monoprix herb vinaigrette 
 picked up while in France. 
Sun, hot, on my forehead. 
Talking of travels, adventures, and memories
of what once was. What I remember, 
what he remembers. Funny how perspectives play their part. 

--------------

And now, as I look back on this beautiful day, I 
thank my Heavenly Father for those He has put in my life.

May we find the beauty in every
 moment together, always. 
*pigeons take flight in old strasbourg 


One Comment

  1. This reminds me of the Charlie Hall lyrics about seeing God and His beauty in all things.
    "I see You in every scene,
    I know you are thinking about me.
    I have such a short memory,
    so you keep reminding me of You."

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.