Today is only half over and yet I am so tired and 
have done so much. We went to a flea market this morning
where I scored some German goods. 

Beautiful thing one spotted. 

1. A German lady so old and so eager to sell me all of her, 
for lack of a better word, junk. I bought a small vase from her,
mustard yellow. She was kind in her old age. I always just 
think old people are pretty beautiful. Where has their life taken them?
What trials have been refining fire along the way? 

Then my Papa and I proceeded to bike to another city, 
then up a hill, then to a castle. 

2. In the forest on the way up I found magical faces 
crafted out of old tree stumps that someone decided to turn into 
works of art. Majestic in nature and in location. 
Encouraging as I climbed the hill with my bike.

3. Inside the castle there were old stone stairs, historic, dating 
from the 1200s. These stairs had been walked so many times 
and by so many people that one could see, if looking closely enough, 
that the middle of the stairs sort of indented ever so delicately 
from hundreds of years of footprints. 

4. In leaving the castle we had to bike down the hill (I think 
that the word "hill" kind of downplays the steepness that was 
present). We rode on a tiny path just big enough for one person to 
walk. This path took us through an amazing forest. Every now 
and then the sun would splash through leaving its rays on the leaves and foliage 
that adorned the ground.

5. After biking some ways to another city we decided it was time to 
head back home. We found ourselves on this path amongst the trees 
with no signs whatsoever. The bike path was so amazing. Trees leaning in
to shade us from the sun. Forest in every direction. 
So much untouched earth. I couldn't 
help but dream of getting lost out in the woods with a blanket
and the sound of birds singing me to sleep. It was truly beautiful. 
The path took us all the way back to our city. If only I lived in a 
place with such marvelous paths. 

We biked over all about 25 miles today, 
which is about 40 and a half kilometers for you Canadians.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.