Dear New York City, 

It still baffles me that I once called you home. Today I am remembering you and remembering that day eleven years ago. I admire the strength and the sacrifice of the people you hold. My prayers go out to those who still live with the aftermath of such tragedy.

I cannot pretend to be effected personally by this event other than the start of the war and things that came with it. But I do remember a dear friend at Sarah Lawrence, who had grown up in Brooklyn, telling me her story. How she saw the towers from out the windows of her high rise elementary school. She saw them fall. Smoke everywhere. And there was crying, the crying of children in her class whose parents were in those buildings... I can't imagine...watching such a thing play out while knowing that those you hold closest are inside.

So I pray today for those 10 year old kids who were in that class with her that day, 21 now. I pray that God would use all tragedy for His good in some way. That God would grant each person on this earth with the extreme ability to forgive in such a radical way that others would notice... and that they would see the character of God. 

e pluribus unum.

(photos circa 2010 and my classy old polaroid)


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.