The other night, Andrew and I went to see A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
Wow, was it well done. Such elaborate sets and costumes, I cannot rave enough!
A perfect way to inspire the spirit of giving at Christmas and a reminder of those who
may be materially less fortunate in this life.

Before the show Andrew and I exchanged presents. Let me just preface this story with how
much I love Harry Potter. I love love love it. I grew up reading the books and they pretty
much encompass my childhood.

So, earlier this year I talked to Andrew about how he just had to read the books because
they are my favorite. He didn't seem so enthused so I thought, perhaps, it was a lost battle.
Flash forward to Christmas present exchange and he bought me a arctic owl stuffed animal
(which also donated money to conservation of the owls themselves) and tied a note to its foot.
He told me, in said note, that he had bought and read the first three books of Harry Potter secretly
over the last couple months (on top of ALL our homework)! I couldn't believe it because I
thought he would never read them.

I couldn't ask for a more thoughtful gift from this guy.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.