I had the best day preparing for a little Mardi Gras party my parents were having. 
My mom and I spent the day making foods and cleaning the house... not to mention a little fun in the sunshine in our backyard. Spring has sprung here in the southern states and my choice of clothing included a tshirt, skirt, and sandals (take that Canada!). 
^^You may question what this weird looking cake is... it is called a king cake! A Mardi Gras tradition-- whoever bites into the piece with the plastic tiny baby doll in it gets glory... and is assigned the task of bringing the cake the next year. New Orleans culture is alive and well in our family, on a count of my mom summering there when she was a kid AND my brother now living in Baton Rouge (causing us to take trips there like every two weeks-- I ain't complainin'!). What can I say? 
We like to think of ourselves as the classy version of swamp people...?
^^ my mom's new green house made from old salvaged windows and doors! 


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.