I realize I haven’t blogged in a while. And I also realize most of my posts begin with that sentence these days. Life seems to be a constant whirlwind of activities. A specific week sticks out in my mind of being particularly monumental-- a week that started with fun events and ended with God drawing me closer to Him than I have ever been before. I have been working at a homeless drop in run by my church. I love my church. It is one of the few churches that I have ever been to that truly open their doors to the least of these. I know in my heart I am one of these too, for I am nothing compared to the bigness and grandness of God… but I digress, they open their doors to those society deems the least of these. Every single weekday Father’s House opens their doors to the marginalized people of our society to commune with the non-marginalized people of our society and for us to serve them. True beauty some may call it, some being me.  So I have been committing my Wednesdays to this. And this certain Wednesday was quite extraordinary. Simply listening to the stories of my friends, making crafts together, and telling jokes together. Christ can redeem, He can repair our broken society. 
He can repair our broken world views.

As if life couldn’t get any better. I went to a girls night put on by our student council that very same night. We all had mad fun (sumo suits included). We also had amazing prayer and worship times and an amazing message from a grad of our school. There is always more of God that He wants us to experience, that He wants us to see. I am slowly learning this. And slowly being so filled up by the Holy Spirit and thus given a peace that surpasses all understanding.

My roommates and I experienced some crazy things the night before this particular Wednesday. We had to learn to rely fully on God and His power to protect us. He is so big, all around us, inside of us. And there, indeed, is an unseen world around us, a war at hand.

That Thursday I watched the documentary Finger of God. The first in a trilogy of documentaries about what God is doing around the world. If I wasn’t already in awe of God… I am now.

He is growing me and teaching me how to live into what it means to be a true follower of Christ and the power that comes with it. He is showing me that my greatest weapon against the enemy is prayer and love.


One Comment

  1. and may this only be the beginning, a glimpse of something brilliant and radical to come!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.